“By combining the traditional way of raising pigs and cattle with advanced processing technology, enjoy a ‘from the farm to the plate’ meat experience.”
Are you looking for healthy and delicious meat products? Uncompromised quality and food safety? A producer that values every step of hog production and puts great emphasis on animal welfare and environmental standards? If so, you have come to the right place!
At Sakura Farms, our Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA) accredited producers take great pride in how they raise their pigs - we do things the traditional way! Absolutely no use of the common feed additive Ractopamine and minimal use of antibiotics. In fact, as per the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) standards, there are no regulatory antibiotic residues found in any of our premium pork products.
Our processing facilities are HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) accredited, federally inspected, and British Retail Consortium (BRC) certified - we follow processing and handling rules to a tee. We have invested heavily in state of the art packaging and refrigeration, allowing us to offer consistent extended shelf life to both our local and international customers.
We maintain the strictest of quality control standards so that you can purchase our meat products with the utmost confidence. With Sakura Farms, enjoy a ‘from the farm to the plate’ meat experience.
“When it comes to running our business, we never lose sight of our core values”
- Integrity - From the hogs we buy to our manufacturing process, each step of the way, we operate with integrity. We are proud of every little thing we do.
- Our people - We know that the key to success is having the right people in place to do the job. We simply couldn’t do it without the incredibly dedicated team at Sakura Farms.
- Quality - While life is about compromise, when it comes to quality, at Sakura Farms we follow and abide by our strict guidelines! Staying true to our commitment to quality is one of our core mandates.
- Innovation - While other manufacturers might be satisfied with sticking to the status quo, not us! At Sakura Farms, we’re not afraid of trying something new to find the best possible way of doing things.
- Customers - We consider each and every customer a part of the Sakura Farms family - you are the lifeblood of our business and we strive each and every day to bring you the best of the best.
“Sound animal welfare management and husbandry practices”
At Sakura Farms, we take the care of farm animals - from farming to transportation to harvesting – seriously. We firmly believe that good animal husbandry practices and humane handling are ethical responsibilities and deliver many benefits, including improving the quality of our products.
The responsibility for and a commitment to high standards for animal care is shared among our employees and service providers. All of our producers are Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA) certified, and our PAACO (Professional Animal Auditor Certification Organization) certified auditors perform detailed assessments of our programs and policies, as well as visit our producers to ensure nationally developed guidelines and best practices for the care and handling of farm animals are consistently met.
“We have set up strict protocols that are over and above any industry standard.”
All processing, storage and distribution of Sakura Farms products are performed in federally inspected and HACCP accredited facilities. This ensures the highest levels of quality and food safety. In addition to our stringent Canadian standards, we are also British Retail Consortium (BRC) certified. But the buck doesn’t stop there...
We have set up strict protocols that are over and above any industry standard, all closely monitored by our Quality Assurance Department. At Sakura Farms, we live and breathe rigorous manufacturing practices. That’s just how we roll!
We use state of the art equipment and processes to deliver the quality you have come to rely on. From exact weight slicing technology to built-in, intermittent on-line sanitizers; fixed weight grinding technology to advanced carcass chilling systems - it’s all the best of the best! Our top-notch refrigeration systems keep our products fresh and safe. This commitment to new technology echoes one of our core values - use innovation to find a better way to do things. At Sakura Farms, we’re definitely not about following the crowd.
What this all means for you is that anytime you purchase a Sakura Farms Premium meat product, you’re getting a quality cut of meat each and every time. Enjoy the best of food safety paired with a great shelf life.
“Healthy pigs make for tasty and nutritious pork ”
- Our pigs are vegetable grain fed. No animal bone meal is fed to our pigs. Ever. Our pigs happily nosh on barley, peas, wheat, soy, minerals, and vitamins.
- Barley is one of the main components of our feed rations. This results in fat that is whiter and firmer than what other producers, who use corn as the staple of their pigs’ diet, can offer. The result is a product with a richer texture and taste.
- Our pigs are raised without the use of Dried Distillers Grains with Solubles (DDGS). DDGS is a cheaper feed additive prevalent in the meat industry. Sakura Farms producers only raise their pigs with premium feeds and without the use of byproducts such as DDGS (a byproduct of ethanol production).
- Our pigs are also raised without the use of Ractopamine, a beta antagonist drug commonly used as an artificial feed additive to promote leanness in pigs and cattle. We grow our pigs in the traditional way. Period.
- Our producers use antibiotics for therapeutic use only under the strict requirements of the Canadian Quality Assurance (CQA). They also use a long withdrawal period that goes above and beyond the guidelines set by Health Canada. This ensures that are no regulatory traces of antibiotics found in any of our products.
At Sakura Farms, we make absolutely no compromises when it comes to the care and diet of our hogs. We believe that healthy pigs make for tasty and nutritious pork!